Here is a list of reputable open access journals that educational technology practitioners and researchers may wish to consider for either research reading or as possible avenues for publication
- A listing of journals in the area of educational technology, instructional design, and distance learning collated by Dr. Ross Perkins (including but not limited to Open Access)
- European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning (EURODL)
- International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education (ETHE)
- Educational Technology Research and Development: A bi-monthly open access publication of the Association for Educational Communications & Technology, the only scholarly journal in the field focusing entirely on research and development in educational technology. For articles mentioning Africa, see here.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET) is the open access journal of ASCILITE, the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education. It aims to promote research and scholarship on the integration of technology in tertiary education, promote effective practice, and inform policy. For articles mentioning Africa, see here.
- The International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology (IJEDICT) is an e-journal that provides free and open access to all of its content. It aims to strengthen links between research and practice in ICT in education and development in hitherto less developed parts of the world, e.g., in developing economies (especially small states).
- The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning (IRRODL) For articles mentioning Africa, see here.
- Open Praxis is a peer-reviewed open access scholarly journal focusing on research and innovation in open, distance and flexible education. It is published by the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- The Journal of Learning for Development provides a forum for the publication of research with a focus on innovation in learning, in particular but not exclusively open and distance learning, and its contribution to development.
- TechTrends: Linking Research and Practice to Improve Learning. A publication of the Association for Educational Communications & Technology (AECT)
Share the joy